Wednesday, August 24, 2011

10 Tips A Blogger Should Know

Ever wondered what is the perfect recipe to have a better blog, but still don't know from where to start? 
Thursday tips are back,  ready to help you out !!






















Happy Thursday...and Happy Blogging ©


pics by tumblr.

51 comments:

  1. This is an awesome post and great tips!
    This definitely gave me more inspiration!
    Also, thank you so much for the lovely comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute post! I like the firsrt couple of tips. Easy, simple things anyone can do to make their blog better. I hate going on blogs with ads all over the place, and links on every sqaure inch of space. The asking questions at the end is an interesting one, and I actually prefer not to do it. It just feels like everyone tries to end their posts with a deep question, when I would rather people just comment on what I'm sharing with them, instead of trying to answer one specific question.

    http://red-soledfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. you provide such great posts all the time and then you top your fantastic original writing with these awesome tips. sometimes i feel like i lose myself when trying to blog, because i try to compete too much and get my blog big. thanks for bringing me back to earth.

    justjump...
    saywhatyourheartwants.blgospot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. wise words from a blogging veteran. although i have to remind you that i basically wrote your subtitle, and i'm pretty sure i inspired your new simple, black-and-white style. and how come you'll only meet "pretty" bloggers on the beach?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post, very helpful and very honest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for commenting. love the tips :) i'm still getting the hang of this blogging stuff. it takes more work than i thought!
    hammocksandtrampolines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are rather important words of wisdom. I think I need to give my blog a bit of a kick up the ass! I have been thinking about going to a bloggers meetup, but its a scary thought!

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha, finally got some of that mediterranean fire out of you! though it was a bit hollow since i think we both know you'd pay good money to see my "nerdy" self in swimwear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very wise words- although I am afraid I cannot give up the waffling about my life- it;s the only form of diary I can be bothered to write so I have a record somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great tips! I've been blogging for almost three years now, and I couldn't agree more with some of these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, some great tips. I think it's true that you must blog what you're passionate about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved your post and I hope that you will not mind if I publish your link on my blog! I wait your response!! sure i'm following you - hope you follow me too:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. jos, you have some very good kernels of truth. as i was reading, i was nodding my head, thinking this is one cool girl! :) rock on.

    http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh...so funny and so so true!! You know one thing that is just getting me lately...is the pointless comments thing. "Follow me and I'll follow you". Argh!! I just have to laugh and delete when they come my way. What's the point of blogging if one is just in it just for a popularity contest?! Thanks for posting:) And I most definitely think I have Times New Roman on my blog as automatic when I changed my layout. Ha...I really need to change that. You had me hooked at this post. Thanks for your sweet comment. x Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolute genius. I want to meet up with other bloggers so badly, but nobody ever comes to this area. Because it sucks. I think that everyone needs to read (and understand) these 10 rules because it makes a world of difference. Just do what you want to do, and you will get followers who like you for being you.
    That sounded incredibly cheesy.
    I need to go puke now.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  16. tranks for sharing this with us
    data very interesting
    nice post -:P

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jos, this piece could not have come at a better time. I'm always in need of tips, especially the one where you ask a question at the end of your post. I'm going to listen to you as you obviously know what you are doing :) Thanks for the post- also love the unique way that you did this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. great tips! i totally agree on the commenting tip. i hate when ppl comment something that has nothing to do with the post or is just "nice :)" why bother at that point right?

    ReplyDelete
  19. cute post! love it!
    have a wonderful day!
    www.thecurlylady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Devo dire che li condivido tuttti e quando torno faro' qualche cambiamento al mio blog! Brava!
    Baci
    http://dontcallmefashionblogger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. This post is great! I really like those tips and trying to follow them. :)
    I would like to meet other bloggers, but no one lives near by. :/ And I would love to meet you someday :) I think you are such a nice person :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are really great tips!

    Leia

    ReplyDelete
  23. Bellissime queste frasi! Le condivido in pieno!
    Complimenti per il post! :)

    Baci!
    ♥ Dressy Celeb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. This post is very helpful,thank you for the tips,so true! :D

    ...and thanks so much for your lovely comment,Sorry I havent had the chance to get back to your comment,Ive been away in Scotland and havent had any access to a computer!

    The picture on my sixties post,is my lil sis,not me,wish I was that slim! :D

    Look forward to more posts <3
    Hope you have a fabulous day!
    billiejean44.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ottimi consigli tesoro. Mi spiace che il mio nuovo header ti abbia lasciato perplessa. La mia era una provocazione. La foto è di uno dei miei fotografi preferiti, Terry Richardson, famoso per le sue foto piuttosto esplicite. Avevo voglia di cambiamento, ma subito rendere chiaro al lettore che il mio è un blog sulle cose che mi piacciono e mi rendono felice!
    1 bacio

    ReplyDelete
  26. Interessante post, sono degli ottimi consigli molti li condivido :)

    www.neifilef.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Well said.. and please no automatic music too.. hahahaha
    lee x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful tips, really opened my mind and heart.
    Also thank you for the nice comment, I really appreciate it.

    Kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  29. so true and love the last post - discover and share your passion!

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  30. great tips!
    happy blogging!!
    xo
    MosaMuse

    MosaMuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great post and there's some good tips here and some that I don't really agree with too.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This post is perfect. You literally picked perfect things to talk about. I'm sick of striped flashing backgrounds, they give me a headache..:)

    -Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  33. Good tips. I agree with some of them more than others, but it's always interesting to see how other people formulate their blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such a good post, thanks for the tips. I completely agree with you about the white background...it's more refreshing to look at.

    erica
    seaofbloomingdreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. this is really cool. thank you for sharing this, it was really honest and helpful!

    <3 Alison
    alisonscampusfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. WONDERFUL! It took me a long time to figure out this blogging thing and had to put up with crazy bloggers that harassed me but Im getting the hang of it now. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  37. This post is really great! your honest writings sure inspire me to make the best out of things :) x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great post and I agree with most. I don't care for short comments but I don't dislike them cause it lets me know who visited and read. I do despise comments that have nothing to do with the post or clearly sent to promote one's own blog or giveaway. I also can't stand 'follow me' requests.

    I do enjoy reading about blogger's day/life though. Allows you to get to know the person behind the outfits.
    Daphne.
    http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. This must be my favorite post by you. Beautifully done - I'll be sure to follow all the advice I haven't been following already. Again, thanks for this post, it really is something.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Great post! I agree with everything you said! (or what those pictures said lol) I often feel that blogging etiquette is even more complicated than real life interactions! I honestly think it's fine if someone just wants to let you know your blog is nice by just leaving a small short brief comment but the ones that "bug" me are the ones that ask you to follow each other etc. Omg don't even get me started LOL

    Though I must admit, I have my lazy days too where Im just not in the mood to blog, I think not being in the mood and not being inspired are two different things though! Not in the mood means I'll just do it tmr etc. Not being inspired means Im ditching this blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. This is such a good post! I'm also a big fan of connecting with other bloggers. And a clean background and easy-to-read type are both so underrated.
    xo Josie

    ReplyDelete
  42. Fantastic tips! I've definitely implemented many of these suggestions in my 2 year blogging journey! =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  43. Grazie per questi preziosi consigli!Sono assolutamente daccordo, le tue parole corrispondono a verità, speriamo che tutti ne facciano tesoro!

    ReplyDelete
  44. True enough, though the only one I would argue about is the one about don't comment about your life.

    One of the most successful blogs "Hyperbole and a Half"'s most popular posts are about her life.

    ReplyDelete
  45. This is amazing! I love these tips! Thanks so much for sharing lovely.

    And thank you for stopping by my blog. :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  46. these are fantastic tips, definitely given me a few things to think about! :)

    Thanks for the feedback on my post by the way, totally forgot the obvious haha! I've added a few details to the post so it's hopefully clearer for people now:)
    thanks again!

    chloe xx

    ReplyDelete
  47. These are really helpful tips! I have just been in the blogging world for just 3 months and i am still getting the hang of things and reading your tips kind of made me feel better. :-)

    xoxo
    Ida

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment you leave me. I appreciate constructive criticism even more...therefore if you like what you read, make me smile. I will give you my honest opinion in return.