End of Month...Summary.
Things I hated this month through blogging:
- Silly, unmeaningful comments: I need feedback on what I write therefore, I don't like reading comments such as 'Beautiful Pictures'. I know they are beautiful, that's why I chose them. When I find these type of comments, I generally reply the same way. Or I don't reply at all. If you don't like reading, don't comment. (This applies only to posts which include both writing and pictures, where in my opinion, creative writing is way more superior that the pictures. When posts are dedicated to only pictures, or personal images, that's a different story...)
- Giveaways: What is the use of organizing giveaways if they are not international? Do you really mean it when you throw cheap giveaways? Is it only because you want to increase the number of followers? And what happens when a winner is chosen "randomly" but the random.org print screen is not published? Dear giveaway organizer, do you really think that participants are foolish, to not realise that instead of doing it randomly, you picked the winner yourself?
- Bloggers commenting on their own posts: Once I comment I don't go back to that same post. Ever. No one does. It's a fact. So why do you comment yourself on your own post? To increase the number of comments and page views?!
- Unpersonalized, highly objective fashion posts: I would rather check professional fashion websites rather than read a typical post. Maybe because I want to hear people's views, opinions, suggestions...and not simply boring copy-and-paste articles.
- Long posts: If you have something in mind, write it in 2 or 3 short, concise paragraphs. There's no need to publish one, long paragraph, font size 9, no pictures. I won't read it anyway.
- Colourful languages: Ok, we live in 2011, by far, I do believe that most of us, read and write in English, so why do you keep on publishing posts in your own mother tongue language? Who will understand it, except very few of your followers? English is the international language. Stick with it. For God's sake, it's understandable to everyone.
- People who comment on your blog, simply because you commented on their blog first: By experience, I realised that these people are not interested in others, but simply concentrated on themselves. "Comment on me, i will comment back." No, it doesn't work that way. Ok, I have a few "friends" whom I comment almost on every post, but I do that for the simple reason that I adore their whole blog. Others who comment my writings, only after I comment on theirs are just worthless bloggers. Sorry.
These are by far the worst things I've been noticing quite for a long time through the blogging experience, thus I wanted to share them with you, sane people. I'm not mentioning particular blogs, but if you possess any of the points above, then it might apply. I excuse myself, but I'm not trying to hurt any feelings, I'm just being honest.
Things I loved this month through blogging and life in general:
- Few bloggers who I now consider my "friends": I'm refering to those I write constantly, sharing thoughts and feelings. I love you all.
- Internet ingeneral: I'm learning all the time. There are so many talented people out there, ready to share what they know to others. I suck at practically everything. Thanks to all the tutorials, videos, images and user friendly articles...I'm actually surviving.
- Enjoying myself: I've been so protective over myself lately. I don't want to hurt myself anymore. I keep saying this to myself. I deserve the best. No one can hurt my feelings. No one can make me feel horrible. I'm feeling good with myself, I'm learning to accept every single aspect - that's what's making me live and appreciate life better.
Pick up song for this month:
What I'm looking forward next month:
Partying.
Beach.
Birthday.
Being happy.
I totally agree with you with the stuff thats going on in the blog world, I've been noticing the same stuff. But I think these kind of people just won't change. When I started my blog all I wanted to do is to share my thoughts and share some nice pictures and not to compete with other to have the most followers or the most comments or something like that. What's the point in that if no one actually reads and feels what are you trying to say.
ReplyDeleteAnd I also agree with the good stuff, there are so many talented people out there. Just like you with your writing, Oh I wish I could write as good as you :)
About the song, I really like it and the quotes on the pictures are really good. Maybe I should post it on my window like in the last picture haha :)
Hope you have a great weekend,
Love,
B
Haha your annoyances are common. I've been putting up with most of them for two and a half years now. One time I even did an experiment. I put a long post up about how sad I was, but I accompanied it with a picture of a smiling, jumping girl. Almost two-thirds of my commenters said "Oh love that photo! So happy you're happy!" :S
ReplyDeleteMy biggest pet peeve is comments like this one:
"Hi love your blog. I have a new post up I think you should check out. Follow me?
www.XXX.blogspot.com
www.facebook.com/XXX
twitter:@XXX
Tumblr: XXX"
Those bloggers are not blogging because they love it. They simply want a crapload of followers and perhaps they think they will get fame and fortune in the process. I call them blogbots.
I started blogging as an outlet for letting out my frustration and emotions and finding a creative outlet. Like you, the best part of blogging has been gaining awesome new friends who I feel genuinely close to. That means more to me than anything else.
Great post!
I totally agree with you. Sometimes I'm really impressed how many pointless things bloggers do to increase their stats or number of comment, it's bit pothetic in my oppinion.
ReplyDeleteHave a lovel summer my dear! :) <3
great post! ;)
ReplyDeleteI agree with so many of your peeves! Ha, I do have a giveaway running though, lol. I quite often feel that so many other bloggers are insincere and only after self-promotion. Its quite sad really.
ReplyDeleteGirl I totally agree. How many "cool post" comments can a girl get! Isn't blogging about creating a conversation. Ugh. Thanks for pointing this out, I thought I was the only one who was getting annoyed!
ReplyDeleteHope your weekend was great!
-Ellie
sono d'accodo con te su tutto... per quanto riguarda scrivere post in inglese io c'ho provato.... alcuni miei post iniziali erano scritti in entrambe le lingue.... ma impiegavo molto tempo e poi a volte finiva che per velocità tagliavo corto il discorso..... con l'italiano ho più padronanza e riesco a giocare di più con le parole....
ReplyDeleteperò lo so forse mi dovrei impegnare di più....
il resto delle osservazioni le sposo tutto.....
PS: l'entusiasmo che lasci nei miei commenti mi fa desiderare di conoscerti di persona e sono sicura che accadrà così come è successo con altre blogger....
heyhey, yet another brilliant post. it really made me think...again. i think i was getting too caught up in the idea of getting more followers and getting a really big blog haha, calming down a bit and just going back to the reason why i started blogging in the first place, because i love to write. dont think i was doing all of those things though and some of them annoy me! love your little monthly summary. cant wait for some more of your awesome original writing!
ReplyDeletemuch love,
justjump..
saywhatyourheartwants.blogspot.com
Tutto quello che hai detto é vero, considera che fa parte del gioco, come su facebook si fa a gara a chi ha più amici, tra parentesi io ho resistito fin'ora non mi sono iscritto, qui tra bloggers si careggia per avere più lettori, non é solo perché da soddisfazione essere letti da tante persone...certi hanno piu di 500 lettori fissi e mi vuoi dire che tutti leggono sempre ogni pubblicazione?
ReplyDeletehave a nice day,
Alex#
How many ways can I say that I totally agree with you on EVERYTHING?
ReplyDeleteI hate those stupid, impersonal comments. They piss me off. I usually don't comment back. If I do, I comment in the same format -- "Nice post." And I never do that. Except when I'm pissed.
Impersonal posts are so boring to read. I don't want to look at a bunch of pictures without any real opinions or thoughts. That's boring. If I wanted that, I could Google shit.
The long posts drive me crazy. I try to at least break up my thoughts with some spaces and pictures. I really try not to make my posts very long, though, because I hate scrolling forever just to get to the comments. That sucks.
I love my blog friends, though. I have met some of the best people through my blog -- like you!!! :) I couldn't live without them now. :)
http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88
Great post! I totally agree with you!
ReplyDeleteEven if think not all bloggers are the same!
xoxo
S
http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com
I really appreciate the 4th picture!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats for your interesting blog, I follow you!
Follow me too if you like mine...
cheers vale from Italy
http://glitter-i-t-a.blogspot.com/
Jos, parole giustissime. Concordo con
ReplyDeletete sia su molti aspetti negativi che su molti positivi. Comunque credo che continuerò a scrivere in italiano perche per esperienza so che moooolte ragazze italiane non sanno una parola di inglese!!
Quindi manterrò le due lingue anche se è stancante scrivere doppio!
Ora torno a studiare, ma volevo ringraziarti per il tuo commento e per l'attesa dell'outfit di domani, non ti aspettare nulla di speciale però! :-)
Scusa se non mi sono fatta sentire ma tra il weekend con Mattia, l'esame di lunedi, l'arrivo di mio cugino dall'america e il pranzo con lui oggi...insomma, non mi sono ancora fermata un attimo! :-):-)
notte!!
Hello! You make some good points.
ReplyDeleteI am inclined to be guilty of the 'too long' posts but then I write because I like recording what I have been doing and I like waffling (anyone who has ever received a handwritten letter from me will attest to that- Sophie country girl might be able to confirm that!!!?)- I write for ME and it's really nice to receive comments and know that someone is liking some aspect of what I am writing- be it the pictures, the writing or a sentiment- but ultimately, I am not after followers though it is great when someone wants to follow. I don't really want to change who I am (wafflemeister!!!) to please others.
I love commenting on someone's blog if they have written something thought-provoking or I just love something pretty they have tempted me in a picture with! And I always feel the need to apologise when I first comment as I feel a bit like some random intruder at first!!!
But yes, I wont respond to plain 'want to follow me? comments!
That said, I DO like your pictures!!!
I love shots that capture a moment that is hard to capture like the bubble picture!
And I am also inspired by how much people can achieve with technology! It's as much as I can do to post photos!
My girl totally and completely and absolutely agreed with you in every single one of these things!! Sometimes I get comments that have nothing to do with my post. I just hope I don't become one of them because I do like to follow and visit fellow bloggers not only because I like their blogs but because is some way or another I identify myself with them too.
ReplyDeleteI absolutely LOVE YOUR BLOG and so enjoy your writing is so inspiring, beautiful and romantic.
Anyway great post someone needed so say it out loud..right??
<3 Marina
Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle
Hi jos, thank you for finding me! I'm in the airport stuck in a stupid customs line and reading your blog! I really love your writing style and the honesty that is evident in your posts. I commend you in particular for this post- you got balls for calling those bloggers out and that put a smile on my face. You're definitely a blog worth following! Looking forward to more posts from you!
ReplyDelete