Wednesday, August 17, 2011

10 Tips For A Girls' Night Out.


Finally you're ready for a night out with the girls...and let's face it...you're super excited because it's been ages since the last time you went out. There's no need to panic, put your best CD on, keep up a positive attitude and start getting yourself ready.

1. Rest.
Get some rest before your big night. You should feel great. Remember that you'll have to manage yourself on high heels for at least two hours. So make sure you sleep, let's say 6 to 8 hours before stepping out of the bed.

2. Wash Yourself.
This rule is very important. You should be absolutely refreshing after a long day at work. Shave legs and armpits and don't make excuses that no one is gonna see them. Expect the unexpected. You'll never know. *wink* Body Lotions [example THIS] and deodorants [ example THIS] are also a must. For an extra shiny look, apply facial treatments, do your nails, spray fruity perfume on your pulses and neck. Also, don't forget to wash your teeth.

3. Hair.
If you have long hair like mine, you shouldn't have any problems when it comes to styling. Either keep it straight to get that sophisticated look, or keep it all natural by applying some great hair products [see HEREto obtain a much fun, wavy hair style. Keep in mind that you need to look stunning. That doesn't mean you have to hire a hair stylist to fix your hair 24/7. Try different hair products, use hair tools safely. Remember - practice makes perfect.

4. Outfit.
This should be the best part. Find something that is very flattering on you. Be confident and don't be afraid to show some skin - if you have long legs, why hide them under some boring pants? Don't worry, you won't look trashy. With an LBD you can never go wrong...however you can opt for much brighter colours such as red, blue, fuschia, green, yellow... The most important thing is that you feel comfortable in what you wear. Dressing up can say a lot about your personality. And you don't want to look like a boring teddy bear, do you?


Forever21: Cap Slv Bodycon Dress $25, Off-The-Shoulder Bodycon Dress $25,  Vibrant Abstract Dress $20


5. Makeup.
Match make-up with your outfit. Apply the basics - foundation, mascara, eye-liner, blusher, lip gloss. I like to keep it very light and natural. Seek help and professional tutorials to improve your make-up looks. Mastering the "smokey eye" is a bonus.

6. Additional Accessories.
So now you're almost finished. All that remains is a nice pair of comfortable high heels and some jewellery. Don't wear too much, for example if you're wearing big earrings avoid wearing chunky necklaces or vice-versa. Try to moderate without looking way too plain or absolutely ridiculous.




7. Handbag.
In it there should be: money, digital camera, tissues, wet ones, tampons, chewing gum, lipgloss, keys.

8. Extra Bag.
If you're staying at a friend's house pack an extra bag with these: nightdress, clean underwear, toothbrush, make-up remover, casual clothes, ballerinas.

9. Don't be late.
Don't leave people waiting for you. It's always embarrassing when it comes to "fishing" for excuses.

10. Have fun.












29 comments:

  1. I believe in that theory too about the beige heels! I think i need to buy some more.

    Lots of love from Sydney,

    x Kel

    seeing steel magnolias

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely post :)

    pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! It's always so much fun to get ready for a night out with the girls. :)

    -Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh what a great post... by the way, I love the pictures of your previus post... where is it??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to learn how to do the smokey eye, I should youtube it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fantastic tips for a perfect girls night out!! I wish I was having one soon, so I could use them. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea for a post, I really enjoyed reading it. I wish I had more opportunities for these kinds of nights out, so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooner or later I neeeed nude heels!


    new post: click here
    follow me

    ReplyDelete
  9. Giustissimo!!!I tuoi consigli sono perfetti, bellissimo post come sempre!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hehehe this tips are great :) Reminded me that me and my girls haven't been out together for too long now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. like the post:)
    love the tips!
    so cool

    New outfit post - Lets sheer it
    www.mirfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. who doesn't adore a girl night out?
    loving all the tips

    thanks for your lovely comments girl:)

    xx
    www.hautecouturepoupee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very good point about the shoes...excellent idea for me seeing as I'm very short. Oh and I need to get me one of those drinks they look YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha, great Girls Night Out guide. I totally agree with everything on this list. Girls night out = another chance to get all dolled up, so might as well do it properly!

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi!! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I want to see your new Asos dresses!!! I'm sure they're all gorgeous like mine!!!!

    http://myownstrangelittle-world.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. cool post! awesome tips, "have fun" is the best one ;)

    caughtinvogue.blogspot.com
    xx Luna

    ReplyDelete
  17. A cara do verĂ£o! adorei
    beijos

    http://style-and-cia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Totally loved reading this post.
    Happy weekend.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ma che carino questo post! E per il caldo che fa mi berrei tutti wueo drink!
    Xx
    http://dontcallmefashionblogger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a great guide, girly!
    And those drinks at the end looks rather yummy!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this! Thanks so much for the tips! I will be referring back to this on my next girls night out.

    And I am also going to invest in some nude or beige heels!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. i love girls night out (though they lately seem to be few and far between). somedays i love to wear jeans, heels and a cute top, other times it's all about the dresses and boots! love your tips!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the red little dress and her hairstyle is cute too!
    Thanks for the tips :D

    Xoxo
    Sarah

    Come join my wonderful Shabby Apple giveaway :D

    http://sandoproductions.blogspot.com/2011/08/giveaway-shabby-apple.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow! feels like fun =))
    -facts noted =)

    thank you for this very interesting and informative post :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. thanks for the tips! some girls put on too much and wear too high as a high heels, look stripper-like. but your advice is just right. sexy, fun and elegant night out!

    Follow me on:
    Miss Kwong - Art and Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  26. Carinissimo questo post! Ottimi consigli! :)

    Buon sabato!
    Baci!
    ♥ Dressy Celeb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  27. Jos :-) che regole azzeccate, le applico anche io di solito :-)
    Bello questo post!! molto bello!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Absolutely 100% agreed with these rules girl!!! LOVE THEM so perfectly and much needed for most of us!!


    <3 Marina
    Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment you leave me. I appreciate constructive criticism even more...therefore if you like what you read, make me smile. I will give you my honest opinion in return.