Day 56
I can already feel it as I breathe the heavy smoke of the passing cars, as I taste the sour raindrops on my frozen tongue, as I finally arrive, halfhearted, on the bus stage.
I give one quick glance at my watch.
I missed it. Again. I swear loudly.
It's gonna be one bad day.
I feel it.
Heavy rain.
I swear again.
My mind is not even thinking.
I ran as fast as I can...back to the library.
I'm being very noisy. I feel all eyes on me. I'm embarrassed. But I can't help it. I'm dripping wet. My heavy bags are like large potato bags on my back. I almost stumble on the floor. I know I'm acting like a fool. I smile faintly at the ugly, fat man at the information desk. His eyes are too inquisitive...too creepy. I take one deep breathe and head for the shelves at the far end of the hall. As I walk, I rummage through my bags...
I need to make a call. "Dad, I missed the bus again".
I throw my cell back into the bag and in an apparently calmer mood, I start scanning through the titles of big, thick books...without knowing what I'm really looking for.
I yawn. I sneeze. I fear I have a cold. I need a rest. I need a bed. I need some sleep.
I want to be at home. I make two steps. I hit a shelf. I make two more. I hit a man. Apologizes and start walking again.
I stop.
I look back.
I almost hit somebody else.
I need to make a call. "Dad, I missed the bus again".
I throw my cell back into the bag and in an apparently calmer mood, I start scanning through the titles of big, thick books...without knowing what I'm really looking for.
I yawn. I sneeze. I fear I have a cold. I need a rest. I need a bed. I need some sleep.
I want to be at home. I make two steps. I hit a shelf. I make two more. I hit a man. Apologizes and start walking again.
I stop.
I look back.
I almost hit somebody else.
But I don't care.
I see the eyes.
I meet your eyes.
I see the eyes.
I meet your eyes.
It's you.
Again.
Again.
Day 37
I've been studying.
Hard.
Hard.
Daydreaming-about-you.
100 times.
Harder.
From the corner of my eye, I can see you...talking to some Jacob guy. I can't understand what you're saying, you're almost too far away.
But I can guess it.
Jacob is good at only one thing. Party-ing.
But I can guess it.
Jacob is good at only one thing. Party-ing.
I'm sure you're going to that party saturday night.
Both of you exchange money and tickets.
Bingo.
Day 32
My brand new heels are killing me.
In addition I'm feeling cold. Shit. I should have brought some jacket with me.
In addition I'm feeling cold. Shit. I should have brought some jacket with me.
I shouldn't have come here at all.
"Lame party," I shout to a stranger by the bar.
"Lame party," I shout to a stranger by the bar.
He looks at me.
Laughs in my face.
Crazy man.
Crazy man.
"I get it. You're waiting. He doesn't show up. You're upset."
He laughs again.
He's drunk.
I'm mad.
I convince myself.
I need to get away.
Day 21
Semester Two. Hurray.
New classrooms. New teachers. New subjects.
New people.
New You.
My sudden strange love for Biology. Music. And Art.
We have class together.
You sit beside me.
I pretend I'm jolting something down.
Hugo Boss. I love the smell.
I can't even look at your face.
I'm afraid you'll read my inner thoughts...by just one glance.
Day 6
I change my clothes.
Cheerleader.
Night.
Exciting game.
I wait. Ridiculously with pom-poms in my hands.
Finally. You came. You wave.
Dizzy-ness. Abnormal state in my brains.
I wave back.
Day 1
I find one small envelope attached to my locker.
Inside...a pink sticky note.
Heart-shaped.
"Meet me tonight. The Grill. 7pm. Don't be late."
Day 0.
I'm ready. I'm shaking. I'm happy.
I enter.
The Grill.
The cellphone.
It rings.
"I'm by the bar".
I notice the leather jacket.
The broad shoulders.
The dark black eyes.
The vision of you.
I smile.







SO beautiful and once again it really touched me =)
ReplyDeleteEverything I read you post... I feel as if "I am in Love" - you literally carry way my thoughts and my mind ends up being glues to your post =)
You are an amazing writer Josxx
Ok,ora che ho finito di leggere posso tornare a respirare ;)! Bellissimo come sempre, ormai i complimenti sono scontati, sei troppo brava!
ReplyDeletehttp://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/
yes! you even took my advice about "poignant". now i can concentrate on the stories.
ReplyDeleteLet's get married so we can write awesome literature together all the time.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88
Ciao Jos, ma quanto è bello il finale!! Stupendo... :-)
ReplyDeleteChissà com'è andata poi al bar! :-)
I adore you. :) Reading your "journal" is like getting the peak into the most intimate dream. More like poetry...
ReplyDeleteWow, that's a beautiful and intriguing account!
ReplyDeleteAND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN, amazing!
ReplyDeleteyou touch me really with your text,
amazing writer? YES YOU ARE
New outfit post:
www.mirfashion.blogspot.com
Grazie Jos, quanti complimenti, sei un tesoro! Figurati, le tue storie sono bellissime, mi appassionano sempre :-) Continua a scriverne!!
ReplyDeleteAspetto con ansia la prossima. Davvero :-) Buon sabato cara!
very very cute! i love it :)
ReplyDeletenatalieoffduty.blogspot.com
lovely post1 I really like it!
ReplyDeletexx
Have a nice weekend! :)
www.sickbytrend.com
nice pics, beautiful blog!
ReplyDeletefollow me if you want ---> www.endemiaclassic.blogspot.com
i'm your follower:)
Ma che bello, sei davvero brava, mi hai fatto emozionare!
ReplyDeleteUn bacio!
s
http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com
love this one girl! :)
ReplyDeletexoxo
Ciao Jos, concordo! Anche a me piace quel profumo, e buona domenica anche a te ovviamente! :-D
ReplyDeleteSo inspiring and beautiful as always it truly touched my heart.
ReplyDelete<3 Marina
Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle