Monday, August 8, 2011

Culture Shock!

    

Thank God they're finally here. 
The Jersey crew take all their luggages and this time head to the lovely Italy. And what a trip!! The first episode already left me cry for more...laughter! 
The most interesting thing (apart JWOWW's new figure, Snooki's new exercise routine, Deena's uglier face and the highly anticipated love story between Ron & Sam *not really*) was when they first experienced the cultural shock.
It was hilarious to watch these eight strangers walking around Florence without understanding a word in Italian (their accent is totally ridiculous), looking around the narrow streets, staring blankly at road signs, being frightened by pigeons, getting no fake tan, anxiously waiting to go back to Jersey to get their nails done because Jenni is not used to making appointments and waiting three hours to get her nails done...and above all be so surprised when they encounter a take-away restaurant which sold "kebabs" instead of typical Italian food...
Check this out to understand more what I'm talking about!

"The Italian men here ... are much skinnier, like there's no Ron's walking around, and they dress different, like tight clothes and stuff like that," "Snooki," a 4' 9'' ball of unintentional comedy and one of the show's breakout stars, told Connelly.

Being so Mediterranean, it's so funny to hear these kind of comments which are soo normal to us!

Do you know what it's like to experience cultural shock? 
I would luuuve to hear that!



Don't forget to enter my giveaway HERE





23 comments:

  1. So funny.. for me the most difficult part when I go to another country for too long is to get adapted by the food... I always miss my Panamanian food


    xx

    Rosa

    My Stylish Little Secret
    http://mystylishlittlesecret.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I am SO excited that they're back! I cannot believe I missed the first episode but I will be catching up.

    Have a great day!
    -Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your lovely comment!! You're so nice!!

    http://myownstrangelittle-world.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice post and thanks for your sweet comment again! ;)

    caughtinvogue.blogspot.com
    xx Luna

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha, culture shock from te city to the countryside here is funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I met them in my city: Florence!! so cool!!

    new post on my blog: I'm waiting for u!!!

    Have a great Monday!!

    www.thecurlylady.blgspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Siccome col galaxy tab e' difficile.leggere non ho capito.bene: sono arrivati qui in italia?
    Baci

    http://dontcallmefashionblogger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. i went to italy this year too, and parts of it were definately a culture shock!
    I'd love to make you a picture, just email me-donewithconformity@gmail.com with a pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. did you know that japanese people sometimes have to be repatriated back to japan when they visit paris because they get such bad culture shock? it's called "paris syndrome" in english. re: not even with a guy in a belly shirt?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't help but love the Jersey Shore :) Glad its back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha! I like that picture of them.

    Hmmm. I don't have any stories of a culture shock really. I guess that means I need to travel more! I want to visit Paris, London, and definitely Hawaii!

    Best wishes from one blogger to another,

    ~Zabrinah

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ciao se passi sul mio blog c'è una piccola sorpresa per te ^_^ Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahaah so funny!!!To see them in Italy looking around and without understand a word, crazy cool!!!
    http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. ohh im just not a fan!! they do my head in ;/
    ps. dont forget to enter my lil' competition. promise you'll love ;) xx

    http://www.iletaitunefois.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Secondo me era meglio che rimanessero nel Jersey... Pensavano davvero di trovare in Italia quella specie di sottocultura idealizzata che conoscevano loro?

    Baci!
    ♥ Dressy Celeb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. sai che non ne sapevo nulla... sono andata su google ad informarmi ....

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't watched Jersey shore before, but it sounds like a lot of fun x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I secretly love the Jersey Shore ;) I couldn't stop laughing when they called Euros Peso's!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Non ho ancora visto quella puntata, anzi sono rimasta un pò indietro...ma adesso sono troppo curiosa!!!^^
    Un bacio!
    S
    http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. OHEMGEE, I AM SO GLAD THAT YOU DID THIS.
    Only two more days until another JERRRRRSSSDAYYYYYY.
    And I can't wait.
    I watch every episode at least twice a week just because I am so obsessed.
    It's my life.
    I love it.
    JWOWW is so friggin' HOT this season. I love her new body. It has increased my girl crush on her by 349234022.
    Snooki is still super adorable.
    I have a crush on Pauly D like whoa.

    ... Can you tell I am stoked???

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  21. The jersey shore crew can definitely bring laughs wherever they are. Hope I can catch it when they air it abroad!

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog :)
    I absolutely love Jersy Shore,this post made me laugh. What they get up to is crazy,but they all seem so nice and hilarious,especially Snooki and Pauly D!
    You have a new follower,look forward to more posts.
    Hope your having a lovely day <3
    billiejean44.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I do too can't wait and are sooo happy they're back. I was never really a big fan of them and couldn't understand why they were so famous BUT I been watching some of their past episodes and they're freaking hilarious!!! YAY....can't wait for this new season either.
    Take care my beautiful doll.


    <3 Marina
    Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment you leave me. I appreciate constructive criticism even more...therefore if you like what you read, make me smile. I will give you my honest opinion in return.