"Please sir, I want some more."
Patchwork leather hobo bag $1,895 - net-a-porter.com
Vayam silk-chiffon tank IRO $64 - theoutnet.com
Gold Lurex Sweatshirt $413 - boutique1.com
DIESEL Jeans $350 - diesel.com
CESAR ARELLANES 15863 TAN LINEN DRESS (front dress) 704 GBP - farfetch.com
Twilight belted silk and wool-blend dress $690 - net-a-porter.com
Burberry Prorsum Leather-trimmed twill trench coat $2,995 - net-a-porter.com
PANCHO CutOut Peep Toe Sandals 50 GBP - topshop.com
Certainly I have never dreamt that my Fashion Fridays would include a post like this....Can you believe it? As much as I love reading, Oliver Twist was never among my favourites. Ironically, however, Twist has been stalking me....since I was a kid. In fact, the only two books I have ever won - guess their names? That's right.
Oliver Twist.
Both of them.
Oliver Twist.
Both of them.
I never read them. Neither have I watched movies or attended musicals. Sorry Dickens, but I didn't want to feel miserable afterwards, thinking about millions of poor orphan kids like Twist.
Last week...a miracle. I picked up courage and started reading one of these two books - I chose the thinnest, easiest, most understandable, full of illustrations, kid's book, instead of the classical one which is thick and has the smallest font...plus no images. Sorry again Dickens.
To my surprize, I really enjoyed reading it!
First impression? A very sad and realistic story of a young and innocent orphan.
Important points? Themes? Misfortune. Trouble. Society illness. Child labor. Injustice.
Ending? Life is certainly cruel, but not always. Twist lives a happy life after all the misery he goes through.
ispirational music
"Per favore signore, vorrei un po di piu'."
Sicuramente non avrei mai pensato che i miei Fashion Fridays includono una post come questa...mi credete se vi dico che per quanto mi piace leggere, Oliver Twist non e' mai stato tra i miei preferiti? Stranamente, pero', Twist mi ha perseguitato...da quanto ero molto piccola. Di fatti, gli unici libri che abbia mai vinto - immagina un po' come si chiamano? Risposta esatta.
Oliver Twist.
Entrambi.
Non li ho mai letti. Non ho nemmeno guardato dei film o visto qualche musical. Scusami Dickens, ma non volevo che dopo mi sentissi triste e maliconica, pensando a milioni di poveri bambini orfani come Twist.
La scorsa settimana...un miracolo. Ho raccolto tutto il mio coraggio e comincai a leggere uno di questi due libri - ho scelto il piu' semplici, il piu' comprensibile, pieno di illustrazioni, diciamo - un libro per bambini, invece di quello classico, un libro "grosso" con dei caratteri piccoli, piccoli...niente immagini.
Dickens, scusami ancora.
La parte piu' buffa? La lettura me e' piacuta tantissimo!
Prima impressione: Una storia molto triste e realistica di un ragazzo orfano, povero e innocente.
Temi importanti: Sfortuna. Guai. Società malata. Lavoro minorile. Ingiustizia.
Morale della storia: La vita è sicuramente crudele, ma non sempre. Twist vive una vita felice dopo tutta la miseria che attraversa.
"Per favore signore, vorrei un po di piu'."
Sicuramente non avrei mai pensato che i miei Fashion Fridays includono una post come questa...mi credete se vi dico che per quanto mi piace leggere, Oliver Twist non e' mai stato tra i miei preferiti? Stranamente, pero', Twist mi ha perseguitato...da quanto ero molto piccola. Di fatti, gli unici libri che abbia mai vinto - immagina un po' come si chiamano? Risposta esatta.
Oliver Twist.
Entrambi.
Non li ho mai letti. Non ho nemmeno guardato dei film o visto qualche musical. Scusami Dickens, ma non volevo che dopo mi sentissi triste e maliconica, pensando a milioni di poveri bambini orfani come Twist.
La scorsa settimana...un miracolo. Ho raccolto tutto il mio coraggio e comincai a leggere uno di questi due libri - ho scelto il piu' semplici, il piu' comprensibile, pieno di illustrazioni, diciamo - un libro per bambini, invece di quello classico, un libro "grosso" con dei caratteri piccoli, piccoli...niente immagini.
Dickens, scusami ancora.
La parte piu' buffa? La lettura me e' piacuta tantissimo!
Prima impressione: Una storia molto triste e realistica di un ragazzo orfano, povero e innocente.
Temi importanti: Sfortuna. Guai. Società malata. Lavoro minorile. Ingiustizia.
Morale della storia: La vita è sicuramente crudele, ma non sempre. Twist vive una vita felice dopo tutta la miseria che attraversa.
(Pics from google)
Happy Friday...mmm, or better...Happy Weekend!












Hi there Joss! Oh my gosh I totally agree with you about the Oliver Twist book. It's always been haunting me as well, but I finally picked it up and read it. It wasn't bad at all! Oh and hey, your Fashion Fridays is another reason for me to look forward to Friday! :)
ReplyDeleteOh yeah and wanted to let you know that I gave you an award in my blog. :)
<3 Paulyn from
http://pau-v.blogspot.com
"Some more???" XD
ReplyDeleteio ho letto il libro e ho visto anche il film secondo me fa capire bene come dovevano vivere a Londra nell'800 mi piace questo genere...e poi dickens mi piace molto ti consiglio anche di leggere i suoi racconti di Natale perchè sia Scrooge ma anche le altre "favole" meritano...
xx Cinci
love the film - it was on TV the other night and really loving the inspirational look. ♥
ReplyDeleteOn the first picture, IM in love with the dress in the middle! :)
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful weekend!
xx
www.sickbytrend.com
I love this, and I love the corresponding pieces you chose. Perfect! xx
ReplyDeletehave a great weekend :)
Julie
AfternoonFrosting.com
I can't say more: ANOTHER AMAZING POST!!!
ReplyDeletehttp://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/
Love the pics :-)
ReplyDeleteI've never read a Dickens' novel, but that you won Oliver Twist twice certainly was a sign! Godd that you like reading it now, sometimes it takes a while to appreciate something :-)
love this oliver twist look! :)
ReplyDeletekatslovefashion.blogspot.com
very cute outfits...and I loved that book when I was younger...may have to read it again.
ReplyDeleteum, that tank is pure awesomeness!!! love the song, too. (:
ReplyDeleteGreat inspiration!
ReplyDeletex
Michelle
www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com
I love the set you made! Especially the shoes!
ReplyDeletehttp://fashuhneestah.blogspot.com/
Darling...la canzone è STUPENDA! ♥ Hai fatto proprio un'ottima scelta!!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteDavvero "inspiring" questo post...bacione
LiDì
http://fashiondeliz.blogspot.com
I am totally in love with the jacket and purse in your first picture! So fab!! Loving the tan shades this year! Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeletehttp://sigh-gush-gasp.blogspot.com
Gorgeous images in the theme of twist :)
ReplyDeleteAnd that music is stunning!
That dress is lovely at the front of your montage, shame about the price!
Thanks for your comment!
Www.clashingtime.blogspot.com <3
Thankyou for the lovely comment on my blog, I love this post, the images are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteFollowing you back and hope to see more from you :) xx